Informed Consent of Services Performed
FREE AND PRIOR INFORMED CONSENT FOR ONLINE LEGAL CONSULTATION
LexMeet is a webspace containing list of accredited and verified lawyers for prospective clients to meet and obtain online legal consultation by the use of video conference. Lawyers may include their paralegals and secretaries which are all covered by the rule on strict confidentiality. Clients provides the facts/story of their legal problem including video or documentary evidence attached thereto, and may include any of the following:
- Client personal records
- Pictures, images and videos
- Live two-way audio and video
- Output data from other devices and sound and video files
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols
to protect the confidentiality of client identification and imaging data and will
include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against
intentional or unintentional corruption.
- In rare cases, the lawyer may determine that the transmitted information is of inadequate quality, thus necessitating a face-to- face meeting with the client, or at least a rescheduled video consult;
- Delays in legal assessment and evaluation occur due to deficiencies of documents and information or failures of the client to timely clarify of vital information and documents;
- In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal information;
- In rare cases, a lack of access to complete facts and records of clients may result in insufficient, inappropriate or erroneous legal assessment or other judgment errors;
By checking the box associated with "Informed Consent", You acknowledge that you understand and agree with the following:
- I understand that the laws that protect privacy and the confidentiality of information also apply herein, and that no information obtained in the use of this Site, which identifies me, will be disclosed to third parties or other entities without my written consent.
- I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of the Site in the course of getting legal advice at any time, without affecting my right to future legal services.
- I understand the alternatives to online legal consultation as they have been explained to me, and in choosing to participate in this kind of consultation, I understand that some parts of the online legal consultation involving documents may be derived by individuals at my location, or at another location, at the direction of the consulting lawyer.
- I understand that online legal consultation may involve electronic communication of my personal information to other lawyers who may be located in other areas, including out of the Philippines.
- I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of online legal consultation, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
- I understand that my legal case may be shared with other lawyers for scheduling and billing purposes. Others may also be present during the consultation other than my selected lawyer in order to operate the video equipment. The above mentioned people will all maintain confidentiality of the information obtained. I further understand that I will be informed of their presence in the consultation and thus will have the right to request the following: (1) omit specific details of my legal case that are personally sensitive to me; (2) ask non-legal personnel to leave the online legal consultation; and/or (3) terminate the consultation at any time.
Client Consent To The Use of Online Legal Consultation
I have read and understand the information provided above regarding online legal consultation, have discussed it with my lawyer or such assistants as may be designated, and all of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction.
I understand that LexMeet audio-video- chat transaction is for legal education- advisory only and not intended to replace a personal/face-to- face full legal professional is not giving definitive and complete assessment but merely an initial legal assessment.
I have read this document carefully, and understand the risks and benefits of the teleconferencing consultation and have had my questions regarding the procedure explained and I hereby give my informed consent to participate in an online legal consultation visit under the terms described herein.
By checking the Box containing "FREE AND PRIOR INFORMED CONSENT FOR ONLINE LEGAL CONSULTATION SERVICES" I hereby state that I have read, understood, and agree to the terms of this document.